Ordinance update for the American River Parkway:
Camp Pollock is managed in accordance with the American River Parkway Plan. This ordinance update applies to all activities, events and reservations at Camp Pollock.
NO Campfires - Campfires and any ground fires are strictly prohibited.
NO Smoking - Smoking is prohibited in all areas of the American River Parkway, except:
· Designated Picnic Areas
· Asphalt trails and surfaces
· Levee and levee tops
· Golf courses
Restrictions on BBQs
· All Gas BBQs are permitted at designated picnic areas and designated beaches.
· Charcoal and wood BBQs are permitted in designated picnic areas only.
· ALL BBQs are prohibited in open space areas.
S.C.O. 936.058 (C,D)
1. Acquire a burn permit from CAL FIRE www.preventwildfireca.org/Campfire-Permit. Please send a digital copy of CAL FIRE Burn Permit to Sacramento Valley Conservancy at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Please print and keep a paper copy while on site.
2. Campfires will only be allowed if also authorized by Sacramento County Regional Parks. SVC will obtain the campfire Compliance Review from Sacramento County Regional Parks Department IF renter requests upon booking.